Sunday, September 25, 2016

Entry Bench Makeover

I had been scouring craigslist for a bench I could use in the entry way of my home. I found this winner for $20 and decided to tackle this project.


Once I got it home I began the stripping/sanding process. It took a while to first strip the paint and then sand the remaining finish off. This is what it looked like after all that was done.



I started staining the piece with "Early American" gel stain. I did 2 coats of that and then 2 coats with a darker gel stain to richen it up.



Here's the finished product! I did 2 coats of water-based polyurethane to seal it for every day use.



No comments:

Post a Comment