Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Time to Sell

I recently saw an "artists wanted" ad. It was for a flower boutique shop that wanted some local, handmade items and I decided that there's no time like now to try and sell some of my stuff. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain at this point. I worked out a few patterns for some totes that I thought would be functional and beautiful. And here are a couple I came up with.

The Everyday Tote


The Betty Tote


The fabric used for these three totes I found at thrift stores around the twin cities. I added little things to jazz up the totes like ruffles on the outside pockets and a little pleat on the Betty tote.

The Abby Tote


This one was constructed mostly out of new material. The dark gray is recycled material. I bought the pattern here and I love the fact that it is reversible. I also made a matching clutch.

Next up I made a few clutches. I also decided I better have some tags for my little goodies and whipped up some of those on my computer using printable iron-on fabric.

The Sassy Clutch


The Betty Clutch


The Joy Clutch

All of these are line and have 4 card slots inside. Here's a pic of one of my new tags! So these items are on sale now at Laurel Street Flowers in St. Paul, MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment