Monday, February 21, 2011

Easter Dress, for the best!


So, I decided to make a dress for my cousin who has a birthday right around Easter. She is turning 4 years old this year and she is very busy. I used a pattern for this dress and also added a few personal touches. One of those personal choices was to make the bottom white band of the dress have pin tucks. I am using them more and more in my sewing and I think it brings a professional touch to projects.


I spotted this fabric about a year ago at Hancock Fabrics and kept wanting to buy it since the day we met, but had nothing to use it for. Well, when the dress idea popped into my head so did this fabric that I had been drooling over. It's soft and pretty with a touch of spring. I also whipped up a small purse that she can carry that matches her dress. She loved both of them very much.

I also wanted to try my hand at these flowers I had been seeing on many blogs and added to hair accessories. They are very easy to make and I made this one a removable pin so it could be taken off before washes.

1 comment:

  1. I love the dress! And the flower. I wouldn't have thought about it being removable. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete